A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is actually a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is irregular in shape and seems like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the chaga mushroom extract is an immune booster, an outstanding digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is really a compressive list of Chaga mushroom proven health and fitness benefits.
1. Prevention and therapy for cancer – The active compound inside the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and control over cancer, in accordance with research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are some of the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the defense mechanisms to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting our bodies to combat against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the immune system through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s capability to differentiate between foreign cells and the body’s cells; thus enhancing the accuracy from the immune system in addressing invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays a crucial role in preventing allergic reactions by improving the body to recognise its cells more accurately; as a result it cannot combat its cells. In the event reducing the likelihood of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in lowering of immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity result from a severe hypersensitive reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. As being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom raises the defense mechanisms when needed and reduce it after it is hypersensitive.
3. A powerful antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. For example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses because they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and prevent Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in cutting infection as a result of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary step in fighting bacterial infection. A cupful of Chaga tea is essential to fight the bacteria which could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation in the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Be aware that, low antioxidant levels can result in inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the results of enzymes that take part in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play a crucial role in neutralising free radicles in your body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga provides the highest quantity of antioxidant potency as compared to any other food. The high levels of antioxidants are due to the top quantity of polyphenols inside the Agaricus Blazei Extract. Besides, our prime levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive outcomes of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, lessen the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the reasons for ulcers is bacteria. Becoming a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria which induces ulcers inside the digestive system reducing odds of ulcers. Besides, the extracts from the mushroom are essential in cutting inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cup of Chaga tea or perhaps a glass of warm water infused with Chaga mushroom powder half an hour before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration in the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides raise the glycogen content of muscles and the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that contributes to fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous blood clots – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; a condition called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it can certainly cause diseases such as cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the entire process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is important in soothing blood vessels when in irritation. Such property is necessary in cases of pain or conditions like neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood sugar level by increasing insulin levels inside the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to transform sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. One of many causes of insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance leads to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the chance of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decelerate that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus lowering the surges in blood glucose, which may otherwise result in diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels – Betulinic acid can breakdown the low-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol within the blood, while other extracts increase the volume of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol in the liver. By eliminating bad cholesterol from bloodstream, along with eliminating clots through the veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a healthy blood pressure level.
11. Skin health – The massive levels of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, allow it to be a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin gives the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, increases the skin’s health, rendering it supple and protecting the skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it towards the skin is useful.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is an excellent supply of dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the creation of bile, an essential salt in the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times per day, half an hour before a meal decbbe required for a proper digestive tract.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it for any toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sensation of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones in your body. In case of stress, our bodies releases stress hormones. The hormones are accountable for the feeling of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of these hormones, balances the functioning from the body, hence enables one to handle stress. As being a popular adaptogen, ganoderma lucidum spore oil, assist to stabilise, restore and protect our bodies. It can so by helping the body respond to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance from the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the amount of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Improving the degrees of acetylcholine improves the cognitive performance of an individual.